Centrifugal vs Masticating Juicer – Which One is Best
This review is all about centrifugal vs masticating juicer. The consumption of fruits and vegetables is of great benefit to the body, vegetables and fruits are packed with minerals, fibres, vitamins and antioxidants that fights against diseases in the body. Juicer makes the availability of nutrients that fruits and vegetables contain verily available. Juicing fruits and vegetables is an effective way to get a regular intake of the nourishment juices provide.
Are you a lover of fruits and vegetables and desire to purchase a juicer that makes sweet nourishing juices readily available? If you are a juice lover and want the best of juicing, it is important to buy the right juicer that suits your needs. For some individuals, a centrifugal juicer is ideal, while a masticating juicer is simply perfect for some users. To know if a centrifugal Juicer or masticating juicer is the right one for you, it is important to understand the features of both juicers before going ahead with a purchase. If you are on the journey to a healthy lifestyle and wish to incorporate nourishing fruits and vegetable smoothies in your diet, our review on centrifugal vs masticating juicer will set you on that path.
What you can learn from centrifugal vs masticating juicer Review ?
When choosing a juicer, it is crucial to compare and contrast the functionalities and features of each juicers and go for the one that best suit your needs. Each type of juicer (masticating and centrifugal) are both unique and distinctive in their ways, with different functionalities that makes them stand out. Each type of juicer has features that ranges from High Speed operation to low speed and high juice yield to average juice yield, hence, to guide you in the right direction with making the right choice, we have compiled some of the features of the two types of juicers.
Video from KralineFitRaw
A best centrifugal juicer is averagely efficient and versatile, this type of juicer is operated by pushing fruits down a feed chute, it crushes its contents with its metal cutting blade, the juice passes through the strainer basket which is collected in a container while the pulp is left in the strainer basket. The centrifugal juicer is mainly of two types.
- Non-ejection types Juicer
- Self-ejection or automatic juicer
The Non-Ejection Centrifugal Juicer
Just as the name implies is a type of juicer that involves getting rid of the accumulated pulp from time to time, this type of juicer is always hard to clean and it takes time due to the constant disassembling and assembling of the machine.
Automatic or Self-Ejection Fugal Juicer
This type of centrifugal juicer ejects the pulp automatically, the pulp goes directly into a container placed at the back of the juice, hence there is no need to stop the machine to remove the pulp. A self-ejecting or automatic juicer is the ideal juicer for non-stop juicers because it can be used for continuous juicing.
Depending on preferences, either the Non-Ejection or Automatic Centrifugal juicer will suffice.
The Benefits of Centrifugal Juicers are as follows:
- Centrifugal juicers are readily available in stores, they are also affordable.
- It’s high speed spinning method makes juicing relatively fast in comparison to other juicers.
- This juice extractor is easy to use.
- It can be easily assembled and disassembled.
- Although, they are effective with Juicing fruits, centrifugal juicers are less effective with juicing vegetables.
Shortcomings of a centrifugal juicer
- As a result of its High spinning speed, the nutrients and enzymes contained in the fruits and vegetables may be lost, thereby making the end result diluted in taste, hence, it is recommended to drink the derived juice within just 15 minutes.
- It oxidizes the juice, the oxidized content is harmful to the body.
- This type of juicer is not the best choice for juicing leafy vegetables.
- It produces a low juice yield.
- Although, centifugal juicer is easy to use and assemble, it is quite hard to clean as it has many parts that are difficult to reach when washing.
- The functionalities of a centrifugal juicer are limited function is limited to only juicing.
- Due to its high-speed spinning, it creates noise that might be a bit unnerving.
For individuals that crave for non-oxidized juice, a best masticating juicer is the right juicer to purchase.
A Masticating juicer is a popular juicer with many juice lovers because of its versatility, effectiveness, durability, a higher yield rate. A masticating juicer is also referred to as a slow juicer and does not function centrifugal juicer that spins its contents for juice to be extracted. Masticating juicers make use of a single auger or gear that slowly and painstaking grinds or chew up the fruits and vegetables. Masticating juicers are versatile and have the ability to juice every type of fruits or vegetables, it gives a higher yield than a centrifugal juicer, the pulp comes out very dry.
Masticating juicers operates slowly, at about 60-140 RPM, this reduces the heat generated during the juicing process, thereby preserving and retaining natural nutrients and enzymes of its contents, it also generates less foam than the centrifugal juicer. A masticating juicer improves the freshness of the juice and the juice can be preserved for a longer period of time.
Benefits of a Masticating Juicer
- Masticating juicers are versatile and effective in juicing any type of fruits or vegetables ranging from oranges and Pineapples to Kudzu, spinach, wheat grass and leafy vegetables, in addition to fruits and vegetables, they are also effective in homogenizing baby foods.
- Masticating Juicer operates on low speed and heat, this ensures that the fruits and vegetables are well preserved and the nutrients are better preserved, it also reduces the oxidation of the juice.
- Higher yield of juice is guaranteed with a masticating juicer, it yields 20% more than a centrifugal juicer.
- The freshness of the juice can be preserved for a very long period of time before consuming.
- Versatility in terms of functionalities is another feature that makes masticating juicers stand out, some models are built-in with 6-9 functions, hence, users are guaranteed of better value for money.
- A masticating juicer is very easy to assemble, disassemble and clean.
- In comparison to a centrifugal juicer, a masticating juicer makes less noise due to its slow speed.
- Masticating juices provide excellent value for money because they last long and are easy to maintain.
Downside of a Masticating Juicer
- Masticating Juicers are more expensive than centrifugal juicers.
- Also, in comparison to a centrifugal juicer, most Masticating juicers are a little heavy, although not too heavy to carry around.
- Due to their slow operation, masticating juicers require longer time when juicing.
Deciding on the best Juicer depends largely on needs, affordability and the required functionalities of the juicer. Both juicers are distinctive and unique in different ways, for juicing fruits, a centrifugal juicer is good, but masticating juicers on the other hand are not just effective for juicing, they are versatile and super-efficient for juicing.