How To Make Juice I Top Expert Adviser
Juicing is a fun way of getting essential nutrients and vitamins. Fresh fruits and vegetable juices are well packed with vitamins and nutrients that are excellent for the body. Juicing various fruits and vegetables gives a combination of sweet taste and nourishment. Juice can come in pure natural form or can be a combination of mixed fruits. Vegetable juice can be made from fruits like tomato, celery, and carrot. Combining apple, pear, cucumber, and celery, gives a different blend, to add spice to your vegetable juice, add cilantro, kale, and lemon. While tangerine, grapefruit, orange, and lime are excellent for making citrus juice. Strawberry, blueberry or beets are excellent sources of antioxidants which provide the body with vital health benefits. If you have question "how to make juice" ? Then this Review for you.
Prepare to Juice
when did you ask question how to make juice? you should prepare some instrument who will help you to make juice easily.
- Get a juicer. There are different juicers on the market. Select the one that is right for you.
- Make a grocery list. Before heading to the market, know the fruits and the vegetables you want to buy.
- Manage time. Have your fruits and vegetables ready a day before you juice them. This way, you will save more time.
- You are good to go with your juicing. Wash, cut, dice, and juice.
Be aware that this is not a recipe but tips to help you juice and make the best of your fruits and vegetables. Juices and smoothies are two different things. Blending the same product as used in juicers will not give you the same result. In juicing, the small amount of liquid and flavor are extracted, while in smoothies, this is not so as a texture is different with smoothies.
Juice and Taste
The texture is not important when it comes to juicing, the amount of flavor you add will determine how nice your juice will be. DIY juice allows you to give your juice the taste you want and the amount of flavor you want. Note the following;
- A good juice contains; a sweet taste, artful taste, or spicy taste. Different fruit taste includes;
- Tart: limes, lemon
- Greens: kale, lettuce, arugula, spinach, dandelion, mustard greens, broccoli, beet greens, sorrel.
- Sweets: pears, oranges, melons, apples, grapes, mangoes, pineapples, kiwis, berries
- Spicy: Hot peppers, Ginger
- High-yield: celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, fennel, melons
- Roots: carrots, parsnips, beets, turnips
- Herbs: cliantron, basil, mint, parsley.
2. Juice together what appeals to you. Most people will see this as being reasonable, but it is not always reasonable. The fact that your juicer makes a good salad does not mean it will make a good juice.
3. Peel some, do not peel some. Some fruits are best left unpeel like pineapple. While citrus fruits, kiwi, and waxed produce should be peeled off before juicing.
4. High-yield produce plus High-potency produce. Combining celery, cucumbers, and apple together is a juice gone wrong, but adding a little ginger to it will make it better. Be careful with the produce you combine, know their behavior and nature.
5. Flexibility to taste regularly and adjust where necessary. Taste the juice as you are making them and adjust where needed.
Steps in making a juice
This is your first step to make juice at home or anywhere.
- Wash all produce/ingredients thoroughly. Some produce may be contaminated, so ensure you wash them thoroughly before any other thing.
- Line the pulp basket in your juicer if your juice has any with a line for easy cleaning after use.
- Dice, cut or tear produce that is large to for the juicer before stocking in. Don't cut vegetables down until it is time to juice them so as to retain their nutrients.
- Some juicers come with down-shift. Soft fruits should be juiced on low speed while hard fruits should be juiced on high speed.
- If your pulp still contains some juice, re-juice them.
- After all these steps, your juice is ready for drinking. You can store in the refrigerator to chill before drinking. Since fresh fruits do not contain preservatives, drink as quickly as possible to prevent nutrients loss.
- Clean up your juicer and reassemble back.
how to make juice ?
- Divide the juice into two or more depending on the number of days you wish to drink the juice for. Pick each for each day.
- Refrigerate your juice. Fresh juice can be preserved when stored in the refrigerator for three days maximum. Freezing the juice can make it last for up to ten days and it should be consumed within this period.
- Keep juice in very tight containers or bottles.
- Fill container or bottle to the brim to prevent air from entering.
- Store the juice away from heat.
Copy from : Williams Sonoma Channel
Juicers or Blenders?
Blenders can be used for more than making smoothies or soups, they are also excellent for making juice. But, you have to drink juice made from blender faster unlike juice made from juicers.
The major equipment needed here is a Blender and Homemade Strainer. Most people use a paint strainer bag and pull over a plastic or glass container, having a small opening mouth. The purpose of this is to squeeze out the juice from the pulp.
Preparing the Produce
Wash your produce thoroughly, to ensure it is free from bacterial contamination. Peel citrus fruits, and remove the toxic seed from apples. Remove pit from pitted fruits, and every other part that is not edible. Cut away damaged areas of the produce cut or dice large fruits for easy blending.
Put the fruits and vegetables in the blender, this should be done according to size and texture, from smallest to the largest, from the wettest to the driest. Add a little quantity of water and allow blending until it becomes a smooth puree.
Pour the puree into the already made strainer. Hold the strainer from the top edge and twist to top of the strainer tightly closed. Squeeze the pulp and allow juice to extract from it. The juice will come out from the bottom of the strainer. When this is completed, your juice is ready to drink. Drink up or put in the fridge to chill and consume within 15 minutes.
Lastly, wash the bag and keep for another juicing day.
Benefits of Blending Juice
- This is good for people with high blood sugar level because of the pulp and fiber it contains since the body will be able to digest sugars and juices more slowly.
- Juice is relatively easy to make with a powerful blender.
- Fewer fruits and vegetables are required with a blender unlike when using a juicer.
- Blending is good for liquefying fruits like banana, avocado, pawpaw and low water content fruits.
- There is less hydration unlike juicing.
- Allows for the different combination of fruits and vegetables to be blend together. It allows more veggies in a diet which result in detoxification and most likely lead to weight loss as this will sustain your calorie level.
Fruits and Vegetables For Blenders Juices
Best fruits and vegetables for blender juices are; berries, plums, peaches, mangoes, pawpaw, and other watery and mushy fruits. Generally, the best fruits and veggies to use with blenders are the ones that are not too good with juicers. They include watery fruit blends, with blenders these fruits can be easily juiced.
Tips for Blending Juices
Some blenders are very powerful in blending anything. If you are not so sure of how powerful your blender is, it is better not to venture into using it to make juice. Be careful about the fruits and veggies you put into your blender.
Choosing the Right Juicer:
There are two most common types of juicers; centrifugal and masticating juicers. The most household will have one or two things to say about these two juicers and they have different benefits.
Centrifugal juicer has been in existence for other types of juicers and it is still widely available today. This juicer is the fastest of all juicers, allowing your juicing to be fast and efficient. Centrifugal juicers come with a shredded disk that is made up of many blades. The disk is designed to spin at a very high speed, grinding and grating produce as it spins. This spinning then separates the juice from the pulp.
This juicer is not as expensive as other juicers. The only cons with it is that it produces less juice and are not the best juicer for making vegetable juice.
Masticating juicer comes with a blade called auger blade. This blade is one unique feature of this juicer. It crunches and chews produce, separating the pulp from the juice in separate containers. Masticating juicer comes in two types; single stage and dual stage masticating juicer. The single stage features one step juice extraction, while the dual stage features two stages juice extraction. The juicer comes at a slightly higher price than the centrifugal juicer.
These juicers are very efficient, reliable and durable. This juicer features two twin roller gears that squeeze produce to extract juice. It can be used to produce nut butter, wheat grass, and dessert. It operates on a slower spin and extract more juice and preserves nutrients. Although, very expensive but the price is worth its value.
Some reasons why you should take pure natural juice regularly
Juices provide the body with important nutrients that nourish the body. While processed juice provides excellent taste, processed juice cannot be compared to freshly homemade juice. Simply put, you stand a lot to benefit from taking natural homemade juice, and by following the instructions outlined in this review, you can make the best fresh natural juice.